[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re:Macintosh Web Server Issues

On Mon, 13 May 1996, David Ray wrote:

> Macintosh is inherently more secure than Unix or DOS based systems because
> there is no Unix shell or DOS prompt to execute commands from. The only
> vulnerabilities that I can think of are:
>

> Other than that, Macs are vurtually bulletproof.

A dangerous fallacy.
It it were even half true, then many of your readers would be
employed in areas other than security.

Consider the fact that the Mac (vanilla OS/HW) -- despite it's capabilities as
the quintessential desktop platform -- has never been seriously considered for a
substantial security/trust rating by any organization qualified to do so.

By the way, just curious here, really, but: what is your Mac Server's IP
address?
-ww